I saw my first Pompey game at Fratton Park on 7th May 1983 against Southend and have been a regular ever since. I’ve been a mascot, ball boy and even wrote my University dissertation on the Club in 1997. It’s fair to say that Pompey is in my blood.
I became a member of the PST soon after it was established, and was proud to be elected to the PST Board in September 2013. In March 2015 I was honoured to join the main club board as a Director and now act as one of the 3 PST representatives on the 7 man board.
Like the rest of the board, I am passionate about my role on the board and ensuring we are doing everything we can to safeguard the future of the club for future generations, by laying solid foundations now.
More specifically, my main roles and responsibilities on the PST board include:-
- Overseeing the output of our Marketing & Communications.
A key focus for us is communicate clearly with our members and respond to queries as quickly as possible.
More specifically, the role includes -
- Manging our website, newsletter, social media channels and relations with the media
- Managing a nominal marketing budget to ensure it delivers a return on investment
- Organising events and member meetings
- Sourcing partners/sponsors to help support our work
- Working with Neil Weld, Colin Farmery, Anna Mitchell and Johnny Moore at PFC to ensure projects and communications are managed in a consistent manner
- Ensuring our brand awareness is raised in and around Fratton Park and on as wide a scale as possible
- Working with the rest of the board to implement our current strategic objectives that will positively impact the PST, PFC and PiTC
- Finally, working alongside Ashley & Mark I ensure our members wishes/concerns are raised at club board level on a regular basis. We champion the cause of our members at every opportunity and work closely with the 4 others members of the board, plus Mark Catlin and Tony Brown to represent the best interests of our members. I also regularly attend supporters’ meetings and Q&A events.
This year (2016) I have taken on the responsibility of relaunching the ‘Family Section’ at Fratton Park. Plans are at an early stage currently, but I am working closely with the club and Pompey in the Community to create a more family friendly match day experience for the under 16’s and their parents or guardians.
A further related project that I am working with fellow board member Clare Martin on, is the proposed re-launch of the ‘Junior Blues’ membership scheme as we look to entice younger fans back to Fratton and get them as excited about 3pm on a Saturday as I and many others used to be back when I was a kid.
Away from my involvement with Pompey, I am Joint Managing Director of a digital media agency called ‘Navigate’ which has offices in both London and Sydney.
Like the rest of the board, I welcome the opportunity to meet with members and fans face to face and you are welcome to email me at email@example.com, follow me on Twitter @mrkimbell or come and say hello on a match day – invariably I can be found sitting next to my Dad in the same place I have been for over 30 years in the South Stand Lower.